Learning with 'e's: Digital literacy 1: What digital literacies?

Learning with 'e's: Digital literacy 1: What digital literacies?

"In June this year I presented a keynote speech at Middlesex University entitled Digital Tribes and the Social Web. One of the themes I developed during my speech was around the concept of new digital literacies. My argument is that new media and new opportunities for learning through digital technologies require new literacies. This is not just my view - it reflects the views of many other commentators including Lea & Jones (2011 in press), Beetham et al (2009) and Lankshear & Knobel (2006). Essentially, the literacies that have dominated higher education in the past are thought to be inadequate in the face of social network services, mobile technologies and pervasive computing.

Below are the digital literacies I have identified."

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue