40 Movies Your Students Probably Don't Know - Brainstorm - The Chronicle of Higher Education

40 Movies Your Students Probably Don't Know - Brainstorm - The Chronicle of Higher Education:



By Gina Barreca

Fully two-thirds of my students are writing screenplays. I bet yours are, too. (Really, just ask for a show of hands. If two-thirds of them don’t have their hands up, it’s because those who are writing screenplays at that moment haven’t yet heard your question.)

Yet the only thing they know about movie history is that The Lion King is really cool and that Pacino’s Scarface contains the line, “Say ‘hello’ to my little friend.”

And even the ones who are not currently writing screenplays consider themselves film buffs although–since “buff” is not a word a lot of them use except when discussing the male physique–they often just say, “I really, really like films. I know quite a bit about them, actually.”

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Cerâmicas Probióticas