The day Bill Gates came to our school | Teacher Network Blog | Guardian Professional

The day Bill Gates came to our school | Teacher Network Blog | Guardian Professional:


How the speakers for schools programme matched our inner city comp with the Microsoft billionaire
Keey Wilson, Bill Gates and Peter Campling
English teacher Keely Wilson with Bill Gates and Deptford Green headteacher Peter Campling. Photograph: Deptford Green School
I will always remember Wednesday 25th January 2012 as the dayDeptford Green welcomed American business magnate, billionaire, philanthropist and author, Mr Bill Gates to the school.
I applied to the charity Speakers for Schools when I saw it advertised somewhere. Sending off my form, my one request being "please don't send us a boring, stuffy professor who doesn't know how to speak to teenagers," I forgot all about it. In my Christmas holidays I received a call saying that to launch the scheme, they want to match up the unlikeliest pairing of a world famous speaker with an inner city London comprehensive.

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Cerâmicas Probióticas